Counseling for Children, Teens & Families
The Services to At-Risk Youth (STAR) program aims to reduce family conflict and prevent the problems of delinquent behaviors, runaway, truancy and child abuse by helping youths and their families learn to resolve crises and develop coping and parenting skills.
Request FREE counseling by filling out the form below
Services are FREE to youth & families and include:
- Free family, individual, and group counseling (also available in Spanish)
- Crisis intervention
- Education and support groups for parents and youth that include parenting skills, stress management and stranger danger
- Child abuse prevention training
- Short-term, emergency respite placement
Who qualifies to receive services:
BCFS Health and Human Services STAR program is FREE to families in the following Texas counties:
Bexar (San Antonio), Val Verde (Del Rio), Kinney, Sutton, Crockett, Schleicher, Aransas, San Patricio, Refugio, Bee, Live Oak, McMullen, and Goliad Counties.
The goals of the STAR program:
- To strengthen and stabilize families
- To prevent runaway, truancy, and participation in delinquent behaviors
- To help families and youth learn to resolve crisis and develop coping skills
- To help parents resume and maintain parental responsibility
To begin receiving services:
Fill out the confidential form below and a STAR counselor will respond during business hours – or call us at one of the phone numbers on the left to receive assistance after-hours.
Request Free Counseling
Please fill out the confidential form below if you’re interested in receiving STAR services. Our counselors will respond to form submissions during business hours.