KAPS provides in-home services including counseling and case management to families who have children on probation with Bexar County.
Services provided by KAPS
- Family and individual counseling with a licensed therapist weekly
- Case management services weekly
- Quarterly tours of TYC facilities throughout the state
- Varied summer activities
- Back to school events and support
- Life Skills Training – 30 hours
- Monthly Resource meetings
- College Tour and preparation
- Career Exploration (Discover)
- Resume Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Annual College Conference
To provide these services, KAPS uses a team approach to implement an In-Home Family Preservation model of service. A licensed therapist provides family and individual counseling. He/She serves as a liaison between Juvenile Probation and KAPS, while also providing anger management and parenting education to the family and probationer.
KAPS is funded by Bexar County Juvenile Probation