formerly the STAR program (Services To At-Risk youth)
Services for Children, Teens and Families
The FAYS program addresses family conflict and everyday struggles while promoting strong families and youth resilience. FAYS providers offer one-on-one coaching or counseling with a trained professional and group-based learning for youth and parents. FAYS also operates a 24-hour hotline for families with more urgent needs.
Services are FREE and include:
- Family, individual and group counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Education and support groups for parents and youth that include parenting skills and stress management
- Referrals, resources and case management
- Child abuse prevention training
Who qualifies to receive services?
BCFS Health and Human Services FAYS program is FREE to families in the following Texas counties:
Coastal Bend Area
- Live Oak
- San Patricio
Del Rio and West Texas Area
- Val Verde
San Antonio Area
Must reside in a county of service and have a child age 6 to 18 who is still enrolled in school.
The goals of the FAYS program:
- To strengthen and stabilize families
- To prevent runaway, truancy and delinquent behaviors
- To help families and youth learn to resolve crisis and develop coping skills
- To help parents resume and maintain parental responsibility
To begin receiving services:
Fill out the confidential form below or call us at the phone number listed for your service area.