Services for Children, Teens and Families
The FAYS program addresses family conflict and everyday struggles while promoting strong families and youth resilience. FAYS providers offer one-on-one coaching or counseling with a trained professional and group-based learning for youth and parents. FAYS also operates a 24-hour hotline for families with more urgent needs.
Services are FREE and include:
- Family, individual and group counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Education and support groups for parents and youth that include parenting skills and stress management
- Referrals, resources and case management
- Child abuse prevention training
Who qualifies to receive services?
BCFS Health and Human Services FAYS program is FREE to families in the following Texas counties:
Coastal Bend Area
- Live Oak
- San Patricio
Del Rio and West Texas Area
- Val Verde
San Antonio Area
Must reside in a county of service and have a child age 6 to 18 who is still enrolled in school.
The goals of the FAYS program:
- To strengthen and stabilize families
- To prevent runaway, truancy and delinquent behaviors
- To help families and youth learn to resolve crisis and develop coping skills
- To help parents resume and maintain parental responsibility
To begin receiving services:
Fill out the confidential form below or call us at the phone number listed for your service area.
FAYS Referral Form
Do not use this site if you are in crisis or any other person may be in danger. Click here for resources that can provide immediate help.