Common Thread is a BCFS Health and Human program in response to the alarming and underreported crime of sex trafficking. Aimed at supporting the recovery of survivors from human trafficking with offices based in central Texas, operating in 26 counties.
Common Thread provides a protective road to recovery while helping survivors build and maintaining strong, trusting relationships.
Common Thread partners with other community organizations to help establish a strong network of advocacy for clients. Ensuring security and creating safety plans, advocates offer services 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for domestic and foreign survivors of sex trafficking.
- Arrange immediate in-field response
- Relationship-focused services
- Continuous long-term mentorship throughout the region
- Individualized safety plan
- Ongoing support to help with interviews and appointments
- Connection to community support
- A confirmed victim or clear indicators of abuse
- Must be 21 years of age, or younger
- Within the following area: