It takes a village to raise a child; and it also takes a village to keep children safe. Everyone has a role to play in preventing child abuse. BCFS works with families across the country to protect children… but we can’t do it alone!
Help us stop abuse and neglect by paying attention to the condition of children around you, reporting suspected abuse, taking part in awareness campaigns, and supporting parenting education.
Some signs of potential abuse include:
- Unexplained or serious bruises or injuries
- Obvious malnourishment
- Lack of personal cleanliness
- Torn or dirty clothing
- Stealing or begging for food
- Child unattended for long periods of time
- Need for glasses, dental care, or other medical attention
- Frequent tardiness or absence from school
To report child abuse or neglect, call the national 24-hour Abuse/Neglect Hotline at 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453). If you find a child in a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately.