Allies Peer Support, a program of BCFS Health and Human Services Human Trafficking Interdiction (HTI), connects local San Antonio area volunteers with survivors of human trafficking to enrich and strengthen the lives of both allies and survivors.
Allies like you can be a positive force in survivors’ lives by providing support, encouragement and guidance as they navigate their education, career and adulthood.
To become an ally:
- Have a valid Texas driver’s license
- Have access to a vehicle and proof of vehicle insurance
- Undergo a thorough background check
- Be at least 6 years older than the survivor
Ally responsibilities and expectations:
- Meet with survivor at least twice a month or an average of eight hours
- Complete pre-service training
- Commit to a partnership with survivor for a minimum of one year
One of the guiding principles of Allies Peer Support is to provide the tools needed for success. Before being matched with a survivor, you will receive training that takes you through the basics of human trafficking to building healthy relationships. We will stay in contact with you throughout the year so you feel confident as you navigate this journey with your survivor.
Interested in Becoming an Ally?
Attend one of our networking mixers for preliminary information. If you believe you are a fit, fill out an application, pass the required background checks, complete pre-service training and visit with Allies Peer Support staff prior to matching! For more information, contact us at (210) 208-5560 or AlliesPeerSupport@BCFS.net.